Thursday, November 13, 2008

A few of my favorite things...

Because our life has been so crazy lately...it just doesn't seem to let up! But everything seems to be pretty typical in it (meaning there isn't crazy stuff to blog about or things to take pictures of). so I am dedicating this particular blog to things that I love about New York City. I want through my pictures about found things that are particularly unique to the city experience. So without further ado....

I get to find out things like, I weigh 2.622 trillion pounds on a neutron star! Not soemthing you want to see on the scale every morning.

I probably should have put him first. But let me introduce you to "Thoth". You can even google him and watch some live performances. He is just a representation of the street performers New York has to offer.


Mr Tony Bennett! Walking down the street by Bloomingdales!


You know you are in New York when McDonald's doesn't brag about how many burgers it has sold, but how many seats there are available to sit in...(sitting is a luxery in most places...just not the space)


Fabulous old guys dancing to disco music in Central Park. I actually think he was the DJ for the roller skating club that gathers each week.


Enough said about the bike. It is an actualy bike though with pedals...and skull buckles glues on everywhere...It just made me smile


Being able to camp out in central park for free concerts by the New York Philharmonic Orchestra and The Metropolitan Opera.


FAO Shwartz and the dancing piano players. Yes...this is the piano fromthe movie "Big"


Canal Street and all the Chinese workers..."Chanel, Coach, Prada..." anyone.

The Sheep's Meadow in Central park is one of the Hidden Treasures of the city. You can be surrounded by nature and still have a city skyline. It's beautiful! I absolutely love it here. This is where we like to come with the planket and a picnic basket


Serendipity and the Frozen Hot Chocolate of course!


Can't forget Tiffany's and the diamonds...


Ice Hockey!

Christmas windows at department stores are amazing! I couldn't have dreamed how intricate they would be. Fabulous!


St. Patrick's Cathedral is beautiful and amazing. I feel the reverence of this place every time I go. It's beautiful.

Good Morning American and TV tapings in general. You get to see people like Reba live!


The solemnity and reverence for the heros of 9/11. I get tears and goosebumps everytime I visit here.

4 comments:

Cait and Scott said...

New York has got to be one of the best cities in the world!!! Sure miss you!!!

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

it is so, so cool that you live there! lucky duck!:)

Anonymous said...

Chelsea! It's sooo nice to catch up with you. I found your blog through Emily Jenson's blog. New York life sounds absolutely amazing!

My hubby (Lance) and I have a blog at http://themoseskazoku.blogspot.com.

Hope all is well you!

Megan said...

You need to post more even though I know you are a busy New Yorker!! Someday I would like to see you as one of the dancing piano players...Im not joking...so get on that...