Sunday, December 2, 2007

Our first New York Snow!

It's that time of year when the snow comes down. I love snow! I love how beautiful it makes everything. Even bare trees become beautiful and sparkly. I remember as a kid trying to keep Chance and Caitlin from playing in the yard for a while so we wouldn't disrupt the smooth snowy field. It was just too beautiful to ruin. I have always loved snow. I love bundling up and drinking hot cocoa. I love fires and fuzzy slippers. But most of all, I love what the snow brings with it...and that is the Christmas season. This is my absolutely favorite time of year. I love traditions and family. I love baking cookies and making fudge. I love singing Christmas songs. And all this starts with snow!

It's a different snow in New York City though. The world seems to shut down for a while and everything's quiet. And then, slowly bundled people emerge and the city starts up again, but for a little while, if you're up early enough, you can see the entire city covered in smooth snow. It's beautiful.

2 comments:

Cait and Scott said...

Yeah I remember that, you would take a pic first, then let us go.

FAUDIN FAMILY said...

Chelsea! What a surprise to hear from you! Sounds like you are having a lot of fun and doing as much as possible! How long have you been in NYC and how is med school going for Bryant? Church, friends ect...how is everything?