Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mitzy Gaynor...need I say more?

I know it's been a while since I posted in general, but it wouldn't be a New York update without my latest Barnes and Noble celebrity book signing! My mom texted me about this one, so thanks mom! Mitzy Gaynor was at B & N to celebrate the Blue Ray release of South Pacific. All I can say is that she was fabulous! I don't know if you've ever seen some of her variety show from the 70's, but she was just as bubbly, energetic, and funny. She cracked jokes and made fun of everyone. I enjoyed listening to her tell stories of filming the movie. So here are pictures!


Ms. Gaynor answering questions and telling stories. You can tell my her coat and hand on her hip that she definately has personality!




We then got to hear the current actress of Broadway's current run of South Pacific sing "Happy Talk". She couldn't stay and sign books though because she had her stage call time 30 minutes afterwards. Luckily, it was just across the street. But power vocals!


hehehe! She signed my DVD cover and a book for my mom. I really want that coat!



These were the two actors that originated the role of Jerome in the 1949 Broadway cast. They were twins...and couldn't be more different. But they also signed my mom's book!





This fabulous lady originated the role of Ngana in the same cast. All had wonderful stories of working with Mary Martin and Rogers & Hammerstein.





yes...in this picture, you get to see the start of my prego belly!


There for the question and answer portion, were other members of the original Broadway cast and some of the revivals. It was fun to see them all.

No comments: