Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Finally recovering from the wedding

We are back in the Big Apple now. The wedding went well and the end result is as hoped...they're married. It was a gorgeous ceremony and Caitlin looked beautiful. What I love most about family event is that family is there. Being out here in New York, it gets a bit lonely sometimes. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing my Grandparents there. I always love to sit at their feet and listen to their stories. They have led amazing lives. I often wonder if I'll have as humorous of stories as they do. But it doesn't matter, if needed, I'll just tell theirs.













The night after I got there, we threw Caitlin a Bridal Shower. It was Breakfast at Tiffany's themed. All the ladies were to dress in the "little black attire" and we had pearls and jeweled rings to put on. It was a fabulous party darling! There were Tiffany Blue cupcakes and favors, fun games and good friends. We enjoyed it.






The theme carried over to our Audrey Hepburn themed Bachellorette. All of the girls wore little black dresses, hats, gloves, etc. We went out for cocktails and appetizers and came home to a chocotle fountain with tons of junk to dip in it. I was sick, but we sent Caitlin off into married life in style!







We prayed and prayed for good weather for traveling and the festivities. It was perfect for traveling, so we all arrived safely and it even held up for pictures, but the winds were let loose as soon as we left the Temple. It was crazy. It kept catching my dress and I couldn't walk. It was like wearing a giant sail...I kept getting pulled backwards. So needless to say, we didn't get a lot of pictures after the wedding. But plenty before. I'm happy for them.








The weather held up, but people's health didn't. My dad was the first to get sick, mom followed, and soon after Grandma and Grandpa. I think most of them are better by now...mom is still under the weather though. This meant she couldn't help with Saturday's decorating or enjoy the reception. She spent most of the night in a chair by the door. She's such a trooper. But she look beautiful! My Aunt Kathy came and did our hair. She did a fabulous french twist on my mom and a french twist with a twist on mine. It was beautiful and mature. I've never really had a mature hairstyle before. I loved it.






I got to decorate another wedding cake. I'm pretty good at faking that I know how to do it. But the cake tasted delicious. It had real strawberries in the middle. Mmmmm. I even packed some to go on the airplane. I've posted a slide show with most of the pictures. (There were a lot of them) We played and partied hard!

4 comments:

MommyMert said...

I love it! Im so glad you had a great time. You looked beautiful as did C. Thanks for posting the pictures. :)

Cassie said...

Aww man I wish I could have been there. What a blast. I feel bad, I hardley know Caitlin. Did you hear the news? John and I are moving to New Jersey for a year. This means that we want to hang out with you in New York. John LOVES New York. Sooo... wanna have Thanksgiving together? :) We will be moving this July. Ye haw! Send me your email address so I can write you. I'm rossaz1@cox.net

Heather and Trevor said...

Glad you had a great time! I LOVE the Breakfast At Tiffany's Theme! So cute! I love your Celeb sitings too! I am such a sucker for that! Keep em' coming!

Smithers said...

Agggh!!! I can't believe you went to high school with David Cook! You are my hero! (I mean, you've always been my hero, but even more so since you have performed with the next American Idol!) if you see him at your HS reunion, tell him to drop me a line sometime ;)