Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Simon Cowell is my hero

So, as most of you know by now. I'm a huge fan of David Cook. Not just because he went to my high school. Not just because he was Cosmo Brown to my Kathy Seldon. But mostly because he just rocks! He is original and talented in so many ways. He can make any song his own from Dolly Parton to Andrew Lloyd Weber. He is fabulous. So vote for David Cook!

But that's not the reason for this post. I have come to be very annoyed by David Archuletta, who cannot seem to sing anything original. Every performance sounds exactly the same. As an artist, he is very young and I'm not sure he's ready for such a huge thing as being the American Idol. Anyway. Simon said it all...

"It's like a chihuahua trying to be a tiger!"

I laughed so hard at this. It trumped any other wedding singer or drunk kareoke performance comment he has ever made! It was brilliant Simon. My hats off to your literary genius! Oh Yeah...and vote for David Cook.

I have also had several requests for pictures of David from high school. I only have a few good ones, and unfortunately People magazine has them right now. Crazy huh? Sometimes I'm amazed by it all, and sometimes it's a little sureal. But I promise they will get posted as soon as I get them back. Who knows maybe you'll get to see them in People first! Anyway, I don't think I'll get them back before the finale, since they want to be able to leak them first, but nonetheless, they will be posted eventually for all of you fans.

2 comments:

Megan said...

So he DID go to your high school. I heard he was from Blue Springs like a week ago and immediately thought of you. I'll have to tell Jon I was right and you DO have ties to the guy!

Cait and Scott said...

I agree. I think that david is going to have a bigger career then the wannabe david. lol. even if archuleta wins.